Hi there, and welcome to our blog. Since it seems like everyone else is creating a blog we thought perhaps we should also get with the times and create one as well. We would like to share with you our adventures on how me we moved from small town Northern Alberta Canada to the beautiful state of the Yucatan in Mexico.

When we first visited the Yucatan we fell absolutely in love with every aspect of it from the culture, the food, the cost of living, the charming people and of course beautiful warm sunny days all year round. That is all it took to convince us to take the plunge for our big move. We are now proud to call Mexico our home.

We have created this blog for you to follow our journey and to understand the life here in the Yucatan. We are also co-owners of Mayan Living Real Estate, a very successful and well respected real estate company here in the Yucatan. Please feel free to stop by our website for more information this beautiful area. Also don’t forget to add our blog to your favourites or even better become a follower so you can keep up to date on all of our new posts. We are now on TWITTER as well. Just click on the link located on the right hand side and join our adventures on there as well.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

BEACH THERAPY

People always ask me if I miss the snow back in Canada (which we seem to have for 6-7 months out of the year) and do I ever get board looking at the ocean everyday......all day? The answer is no, absolutely not :)
It’s hard for me to put into words why I love the beach so much. Everything about it is renewing for me, almost like therapy...Beach Therapy. When I wake in the morning I sit under my palapa and enjoy my morning coffee and watch the tide roll in. It is so peaceful and calm. I have recently started to meditate on the beach as well. Closing my eyes, and breathing in the ocean air takes all my cares away :) 
Clear beautiful water. You have to love this!

This was taken outside my beachouse at 6:45 am
about 2 weeks ago. Breathtaking isn't it :)

Me just enjoying the day.

Here are one of our sunsets durning the summer.
The camera captured it beautifuly.
We are so fortunate to have such beautiful beaches here in the Yucatan. If it is just to walk and feel the sand in your toes and watching your footprints behind you, or picking some pretty shells for your home, or even a nice swim to cool you down from our warm days here. It seem that heading to the beach is such a perfect retreat if you want just to get away from all life stresses that we all seem to go through at one time or another. It is so tranquil. A sense of peace and calm :)

Our memories of the ocean will linger on,
long after our footprints in the sand are gone.....


Here is my palapa where I sit and enjoy my
morning coffee and watch the water :)

Here we are having a wonderful meal
at La Playa a beachfront resturant in Chelem

Sparky our dog even has to cool off!!

This was just taken a few days ago from our terrace.

This one speaks for itself.

You can see and do this too!! Ready to come and join us? Remember we are here to help you regarding anything in purchasing your little piece of paradise in the Yucatan.  Just CLICK HERE for our website :)
Until next time...just hanging in paradise....

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I will be living in your paradise soon. Your fotos are spectacular and definitely stir up emotions of excitement

    ReplyDelete